Friday, January 7, 2011

This was sooooo last year!

I am so behind- but here are a few things to get caught up...
OCTOBER:
HALLOWEEN!!! Even Lucy was dressed up this year and helped pass out candy.

Lyndsey and her hubby Adam had a HUGE halloween party in Cleveland! There were a ton of people there and lots of great costumes. Mike and I went as Vince Vaughn and Christine Taylor's characters from Dodgeball- it was a great costume because it was comfortable and not a lot of messy makeup. It is always a chore trying to come up with a great costume but Mike's pick for Dodgeball was the winner this year (mostly because we waited till the last minute and it was easy to find the accessories.) I thought the Coneheads would be a great costume- maybe next year!





NOVEMBER:
My baby Lucy turn 1! We had a dog birthday party for her and invited all her friends. Hank, Cocoa, Tequila and a few others showed up for Lucy's princess party. Lucy had princess decorations and a princess outfit to wear at her party. I know, I know... I am such a stage mom! I can't believe how big, I mean HUGE she got in just 1 year.


I won meet and greet and concert tickets from MIX 107.9 to see Sarah McLachlan! Natalie and I went to the radio station, ate lunch and Sarah came in and sang 3 of her songs. It was so cool to listen to her live and hear how truly amazing her voice is. That night we went to Ted's Montana Grill for dinner then headed over to the show. It was a great show with amazing vocals from her backup singers.


DECEMBER:
This is my first year to celebrate in my work's holiday party.... and of course they asked me to be on the party planning committee. How could I turn that down? There are a lot of contests, games and prizes that have become a tradition, and I never pass up a challenge. The tree decorating challenge and holiday attire contest were my favorite. Our tree this year was inspired by the publications department and their tree naming skills, as well as, the buckeyes going to the Sugar Bowl. Put it all together and there we have "Jim-TREEssel - Sugar Bowl Bound!" Holiday attire is another story- I came in runner-up to Mrs. Claus... but I did get many compliments on my tacky attire and sweater that I rigged with battery pack lights :)

Next up- my birthday: the shortest day of the year, the first day of winter and according to the Mayan calendar: the end of the world in 2012. Cool huh?   Overall it was a good birthday, got some sweet presents and a cake- HELLO 24!



No comments:

Post a Comment